What is a Guardian Home?
A Guardian Home is a family that receives a top quality breeding puppy to becomes a member of their family . At certain times during the breeding periods the dog is returned to GorgeousDoodles. Outside of these times, or after the guardianship term is completed, the dog becomes families forever puppy-dog.
Why Do We Offer a Guardian Home Program?
At GorgeousDoodles all of our dogs are family members, living with us in our home. Being committed to producing the highest quality dogs within our ability we believe all dogs need the attention and companionship of living in a loving home. This includes raising our breeding dogs and their puppies in a home, not in a kennel situation. In order to maintain this standard and at the same time expand our breeding program, future breeding dogs will be placed in qualified guardian homes.
How Do You Benefit?
We give you a exceptional nice Labradoodle that is your family puppy dog, with a firm contact agreement that we co-own puppy dog. We have all breeding rights and make choices about dog breeding mission. If said dog isn’t used in the breeding program, we give you an enormous discount on the initial price of the puppy- dog. In exchange for this a guardian family agrees to follow the conditions set out by GorgeousDoodles while dog is in our breeding program. At the end of the guardianship term, when the dog is retired from breeding (about 5 years of age), we pay for spay or neutering.
Other benefits include:
- You receive the best quality breeding puppy chosen by us
- We pay for all breeding-related veterinarian expenses
- We are happy to take the dog into our care when you go on vacation
- A discount on one or more additional puppies
- The satisfaction of knowing that you helped provide a breeding dog with a loving family environment, as opposed to life in a kennel
What We Require
During the breeding program we are essentially co-owners of the dog. Therefore, we require of our Guardian Homes the following:
- You live within 1 hour or so drive from Granby, Colorado (Grand County)
- You are willing to allow us to meet with you at your home prior to, and occasionally during, the breeding program
- You are willing to meet partway when exchanging the dog
- You feed your dog only quality food recommended by us
- You provide socialization and basic obedience at home, and attend two obedience classes
- You understand the issues and responsibilities of caring for a breeding dog
- You are willing to return the dog to us during breeding, to stay with us for a few days or travel to do breeding and if female to whelp puppies
- You agree to regular health, veterinary care, and vaccinations
- You communicate freely with us about the health and condition of the dog